With the summer season at its peak, sweat is a huge problem that everyone tackles with rigor. Instances of clothes drenched in sweat and body smelling staunch can be embarrassing. More embarrassing are the frequent cases of rashes and itchiness that you have to undergo. Sometimes you undergo this experience secretly as you don’t want to embarrass yourself; however, just to put it out, it happens with everyone! One finds oneself frequently changing undergarments due to excessive sweating and discomfort. Thus, knowing the right undergarment is necessary for one to remain calm and not undergo uneasiness while doing your activities. While moisture-wicking bras, boxers, and leggings are daily, moisture wicking underwear are a must to protect your private parts from becoming a place for bacterial formation and irritation. The best part is that it can be used anytime and anywhere aside from workouts! So, if you sweat profusely, you should wear one! If you are a traveler, it’s a must-have to adorn comfortable fabric intimates for longer journeys without any shame!
Before buying your perfect moisture-wicking underwear for your perfect summer, you should consider the following features!
- Breathability – Cotton fabrics dry rapidly while allowing the body to regulate its temperature without making the material sticky to the skin.
- Sensitive to Skin – If you have sensitive skin, find out which material suits you before buying the undergarment. Many hypoallergenic brands cater solely to sensitive skins.
- Odor resistance – While the sweat absorption capability of fabric might be strong, you don’t want to smell in a way that prevents others and yourself from yourself! Aside from taking regular baths, choosing the right fabric is necessary! Choose fabrics that lock your odor without making you smell like a pig!
- Material – Understanding the material used is necessary when dealing with inner garments of delicate private parts. For example, a water-resistant feature of the fabric allows the water to be pulled into the fabric when sweating, keeping your skin dry. Such fabrics are known as hydrophobic fabrics. These are usually synthetic, like polyester and nylon. Polyester is a classic fabric popularly used for workouts and outdoor activities. Bamboo is a newer fabric that has gained a lot of importance due to its lightweight and high moisture absorption.
- Cotton vs. Polyester – It is a question that rattled me for years as I used to play badminton a lot! While both absorb moisture, cotton keeps the body wet and further increases the chances of infection and irritations. However, as a good conductor of heat, it keeps you cool in summer and warm in winter. Polyester, however, pulls the moisture away from the skin and is lighter, cheaper, and durable. Conversely, cotton saturates the sweat but takes forever to dry, leading to coughs and sneezes. Moreover, polyester is also uncomfortable and non-breathable, less odor resistant due to poor vapor transmission and low thermal conductivity. Thus, it isn’t ideal for underwear, but hydrophilic underwear quickly dries up.
- Go for Mixed Fabrics – Both natural and synthetic fabrics have disadvantages and advantages. While cotton soaks in the sweat, polyester or spandex can evaporate it. Thus, a cotton-treated material can be a good choice for summer workouts. Don’t forget that aside from style, comfort and breathability are something your inner garments need to be capable of, especially if you sweat a lot (which is okay!) or play sports to keep your movements flexible and not restrict your daily activities due to uneasiness.
- Wool- The addition of wool would have caused you to wonder if it is, like polyester, a hydrophobic fabric but guess what, it is! While like cotton, it absorbs moisture, it also wicks it out, and thus, for your winters is a perfect addition to your everyday and active wear undergarments for smooth body movements while keeping the body clean and dry. However, it can be more fragile than other fabrics and expensive based on the quality of the wool.
- Perfect for your Workouts – These materials and fabrics are combined to provide a smooth workout session without making you feel itchy and instead relaxed between your thighs without any worry. As the weather shifts quite frequently, it is necessary to keep your body protected from these shifts as it affects your body temperature, precipitation, and its effects on the body itself. Thus, wearing proper moisture-wicking underwear acts as a performance fabric that will assist you in completing your activities without feeling distressed or irritated.
- Period Friendly – There is no doubt that we sweat daily, but there is an added distress when one is on her periods. The flow and accumulation of blood in the pad or a tampon make the underwear heavy. Especially during summers with excruciating heat and humidity, it becomes quite itchy and unbearable as one is already soaked in sweat (I know you hear me, ladies!). So, before buying your moisture-wicking underwear, do ask if your underwear is period friendly by handling leakages.
- Treatment – Any moisture-wicking garments shouldn’t be treated with any fabric softener as it can affect certain fabrics, restraining their ability to be moisture wick. They should be treated more gently than others as they are placed in the most delicate places of the human body. Any chemical can lead to allergic reactions. Thus, using hypoallergenic undergarments can be good. These should be washed with hands and not with other garments.
Now that I have bombarded you with what moisture-wicking underwear is and the essentiality of wearing it, finding the right product is necessary as a lot of it is influenced by the quality of the underwear that defines its capability. Following is the list you can rely on to start your journey of finding moisture-wicking underwear for your body. These have been compiled based on customer reviews and the product’s credibility.
List of Moisture Wicking Underwear
1. Ashley and Alvis Anti Bacterial, Micromodal, Skinny Soft Premium Panties Hipster
Ashley and Alvis are known for their sustainable and organic fashion essentials. Its products, including the hipster panties, come with antibacterial technology that leaves no space for sweat accumulation and germ growth. The fabric is 3 times softer than cotton and provides for flexible movement, perfect for your outdoor activities. Its moisture-wicking technology keeps you cool inside without any odor and discomfort. While the stain is an issue that women experience with their undergarments, it remains stain-free even after a wash. However, some customers have also experienced the garment being stained even after handwashing. At the same time, many have pointed out it is soft and comfortable on the skin. One of the best moisture wicking underwear to choose.
2. Ashley and Alvis Antibacterial, Micromodal, Skinny Soft, Premium Panties Boys Leg
Another product I would highly recommend from Ashley and Alvis is trunks. Like any other standard Ashley and Alvis garment, it has antibacterial technology. It is stretchable and provides space for flexible movement. It is the ideal undergarment while adorning your pieces of denim as it allows for a larger seating area and is not in any discomfort as the undergarment line isn’t visible.
3. Ashley and Alvis Anti-Bacterial, Micromodal, Skinny Soft Premium Panties Bikini
Another piece of underwear from Ashley and Alvis is the panties bikini, i.e., bikini-style underwear. Ashley and Alvis are known for their sustainable and innovative means of producing undergarments. Its 2times antibacterial technology removes odor and rash-related problems. Its four-stretch provides easy movement while adorning it without making you anxious about any mishap. It comes in 2 garments and is the perfect gift for your mother, wife, sister, or girlfriend! If your looking to gift a moisture wicking underwear then this is best choice.
4. Lavos Women’s Periods Panty Hipster Leak Proof | Medium to Low Flow, Stain Free Menstrual Panty | Bamboo Cotton Anti-Bacterial Odour Free
As I had mentioned regarding stain-free menstrual panties, it was only fair to share with you a product you can buy. Lavos Women’s stain-free menstrual panty is specially designed for your menstrual days. It provides full hip coverage and comes with 7-layer protection from leakage. The company advises its customers to use it for low to medium flow. For heavy flows, a pad should be attached. Thus, it is sustainable and eco-friendly as you can avoid using pads and tampons as frequently required earlier.
Moreover, it is washable and reusable and doesn’t affect the quality of the fabric. One of the most exciting features is that it’s made of bamboo cotton that is softer than your regular cotton. Its antimicrobial feature keeps the garment odor free. As it is fragile, wash it with your hands under cold water.
5. Van Heusen Women Antibacterial Full Brief (Colors and Prints May Vary)
One of the advantages of a full brief is that it provides complete coverage without any constant worry of pulling the garment down. The product comes with a lace waistband that restricts elastic waist marks over your stomach. Its antibacterial technology restraints odor and keeps you fresh all day long. This is the moisture wicking underwear to buy now.
6. FREECULTR Antibacterial Micro Modal Boy Shorts for Women | Long Panty | Boxer for Women
Are you worried about the underwear lines being visible under your dress, pants, or leggings? Freecultr’s women’s boxers are here to make you feel more confident as you try new dresses or layering. It is relaxing and quite adaptive for your skin without any slip-in cases. Its gusset allows moisture absorption. The next time you rethink your decision of not adorning your favorite joggers, don’t worry; just wear boxer briefs and achieve goodness.
7. Mid Waist Boyshorts in Charcoal Grey – Cotton
As the name suggests, these are shorts for women. It provides full coverage to the buttocks and features a mid-waistline. Its leg opening avoids grinding, that in turn prevents thigh rashes. Made of cotton spandex fabric, it can be teamed up with body-hugging outfits and just a simple bra for your gym outfits or sweatshirt while at home. We want all undergarments to possess a perfect combination of style and versatility! Buy the best women’s moisture wicking underwear.
8. LYOLYTE Full Boyleg Brief
The Boyleg Brief is lightweight and provides full coverage, including being mid-waistline. It is seam-free and thus, provides comfort and functionality to the undergarment. It is made of bamboo lyocell, a durable and soft fabric that provides a breathable experience. However, utmost care needs to be done while washing it. It shouldn’t be ironed or dry clean. A simple handwash is enough and should be dried in the shade or under low heat. Boody is known for providing odor-resistant and moisture-wicking bamboo-made undergarments. It is excellent for ones who have sensitive skin as it is naturally smooth and stretchable. Do check out their website boodywear.com for more such undergarments.
9. Boody’s Smoothing Short
Another boody undergarment that I would recommend is the smoothing shorts. With soft and stretchable fabric, it provides for full coverage with ease. It has a high waist, so there is nothing to worry about from rolling due to its wide soft hem that gives comfort. These smoothing shorts aren’t visible under clothes and are perfect for daily office outfits, outdoor activities, or comfort wear. Its panty lines make you conscious of yourself; wear Boody’s smoothing shorts to create the perfect layering. Its bamboo viscose makes the undergarment smooth, breathable, and also sustainable. However, the product requires you to give extra care while washing. A warm machine wash would be enough; however, take notice of using only non-chlorine bleach products as chemicals would affect the moisture-wicking quality of the undergarments. Why waiyr buy the best moisture wicking underwear women wear.
So don’t wait to get your moisture-wicking undergarments. There is a whole range for you, so get to any lingerie shop or browse through different products to find your perfect undergarment to stay comfortable and never miss out on the fun! If you are still confused, go through the list above to get a head start buying your moisture-wicking undergarments. Remember, undergarments are personal, and you should choose them for a better calm and active experience!